The MSc has a total of 90 ECTS credits and comprises of 6 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits each and a Work Based Project at 30 ECTS credits.
Awards to be conferred
- Master of Science in Strategic Management
Delivered by Brittany Université
The aim of the MSc in Strategic Management is as follows:
- Enable students to view the organization in a systemic in-depth and yet systematic manner as part of strategy management
- Set customer-centricism as the underlying philosophy and direction for an organization’s business and operational undertaking, and to evaluate levels of organizational productivity and growth to strife towards; as primary themes of syllabus
- Develop ability of students to effectively engage in ways that increases organizational relevance in an ever-dynamic business landscape and to develop a competitive edge for the organization
- Equip and develop students for a managerial-leadership career in strategy planning and its execution, by developing skills at a professional or equivalent level for them to assume senior managerial and leadership positions
The programme follows a work-based and problem-based learning approach, and participants will be expected to demonstrate how they have utilized their learning and development in solving business related issues and problems by integrating and building on perspectives from the course and the literature, and their own contexts.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the MSc in Strategic Management, the student will be able to:
- Conceptualise ways to develop a customer-centric organization
- Articulate appropriate goals and key performance indicators
- Incisively review organisational productivity and growth levels
- Assess ways to share an organisational vision with stakeholders
- Leverage off technology to provide an edge for the organisation
- Apply lessons learnt into real time organizational situations or projects
Instead of individual assessments for each module, learners compile a reflective and evidence based professional development portfolio. This is to demonstrate the acquisition and application (in the work place) of the knowledge, skills and attributes showcasing managerial development.
There will be an end point assessment of the professional development.
In addition, there will be a Work Based Project of between 8,000 and 10,000 words in their chosen specialisation.
An applicant may be admitted on the basis of evidence to suggest that he/she will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the programme and achieve the standard required for the award.
Advanced Standing/ Exemptions/ Credits Transfer (APL)
Module exemptions for students if applicable will usually be given at the beginning of a programme following an assessment of that student’s prior learning (whether certificated or un-certificated). It is a matter of academic judgment exercised by the appointed panel considering applications and approvals of APL.
In designing this programme, the prior qualifications and corporate experiences of participants are taken into consideration in order to ensure a programme which builds on their prior knowledge and skills.
The MSc has a total of 90 ECTS credits and comprises of 6 taught modules at 10 ECTS credits each and a Work Based Project at 30 ECTS credits. The modules are:
- Building a customer-centric organization 10 ECTS
- SWOTS and TOWS Analysis 10 ECTS
- Corporate goals and key performance indicator 10 ECTS
- Management methodologies for organisational fundamentals 10 ECTS
- Shared vision in practice 10 ECTS
- Leveraging on technology for competitive advantage 10 ECTS
- Work Based Project 30 ECTS
The Work Based Project of between 8,000 and 10,000 words accrues 30 ECTS credits.
Mode of Delivery
Blended Delivery Mode
|Self-Instructional Learning Material||Face to Face Tutorials||Online Discussions|
|Students are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be downloaded from the designated Learning Portal.||Face-to-Face classes conducted at a learning centre at 12 hours per module.||Learners are encouraged to participate in online discussions with other learners and their tutors for at least 18 hours per module.|
Fully Online Mode
|Self-Instructional Learning Material||Online Discussions|
|Students are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be downloaded from the designated Learning Portal.||Learners are encouraged to participate in online discussions with other learners and their tutors for at least 18 hours per module.|
Face to Face Taught Mode
|Face to Face||Online Discussions|
|Face-to-Face lasses conducted with not less than 12 hours of classes per module at a learning centre.||Learners are encouraged to participate in online discussions with other learners and their tutors for at least 18 hours per module.|
For the Blended Mode and Face to Face Fully Taught Mode please Contact Us to find an Approved Learning Centre near you.
For the Fully Online Mode please enrol now to sign up for the next available intake.
Notional hours are defined in terms of the amount of time it should take a learner to achieve the learning outcomes. Each ECTS credit requires on average 20 notional hours of a learner’s time.
Guide to Learning Hours / Student Learning Time
This Level 7 Programme accrues 90 ECTS credits spread over 6 modules, a Reflective Log and a Work Based Project or 1,800 notional hours in total. The programme can be completed within 10 to 15 months.